Today I had some time to play with two brand new products: Elegant Leaves Bundle #168303 and the Autumn Opulence DSP #168336. These two products together create that classic Fall feel. I created these three card, each with their own special feature.
Let's start with the sunflower card....what a sunflower! Yes, that's right I made a sunflower out of 16 stamped and die cut leaves. Isn't it cool!
I stamped the leaves in Crushed Curry onto white cardstock, die cut them use a blending brush to add a little bit of ink around the edges of the leaves. Using liquid glue, I arranged them around a small circle and then glued the entire flower to a larger die cut circle.
The Early Espresso card base: 4 1/4" x 11" was scored at 2 3/4" 8 1/4". The two pieces of DSP are 2 5/8" x 4" with the inside DSP strip is 1/2" x 4" The inside white piece of cardstock is 4" x 5 1/4"
Next we have the Arched Window card. For this card I took a standard A2 card base in Golden Glow, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and added a Cajun Craze layer stamped with VersaMark leaves. I then cut an arch out of the front of the card base using the Everyday Arches dies #164629. I then cut an additional arch in Cajun Craze with the same size die and a the next smaller arch out of DSP. I added the stamped/die cut leaves, fussy cut leaves/flowers, greeting and the woodgrain die cut to the front of the arch. For the inside of the card I add a 4" x 5 1/2" piece of white CS with a 1/2" strip of DSP along the bottom.
Now for the special feature. Take a 4" x 5" piece of white CS and with the 4" edge at the top of the trimmer, score at 7/8", 2" & 3 1/8". Fold this piece so that it forms a "tube. Open your card base flat, place glue on the right flap and place it down to the card, so that the score lines are directly over the top of each other. Add glue only to the top & bottom of the left center flap and close the card. The last step, with the card closed, add the arch card front piece by putting glue only on the top most section of the "tube". When the card is open the arch die cut will hang over the "tube" section. Wow, I hope this all makes sense!
Lastly, the final card using a masking technique to create the center section of this card. Using masking paper with a torn edge create an open section across the front of the standard A2 card. Use a Blending brush to add Crumb Cake ink, then stamp the leaves in Crush Curry, Cajun Craze and Peaceful Pine. Remove the masking paper and add two torn pieces of Cajun Craze CS embossed with the leaves folder from Seasonal Cheer #168221. Add some additional die cut leaves, a piece of twine and gold embellishment dots.
Well, that's all for today! Hope these card inspire you to go create some beautiful Fall cards!






No comments:
Post a Comment