2026 Card Sketch #31
I posted the card sketch yesterday and today, I'm showing you what I made.
Here are the cards I created with card sketch #31 as inspiration. As you can see, I was kinda stuck on a Fall/Sunflower theme! I used the sketch with all the strips on the left, like the original sketch and then I flipped them to the right for the next and then I flipped the card on it's side. What do you think?
Let's talk about each of the cards. This first very simply card was made following the sketch as is. No extra layers, not embossing, just DSP and a focal point stamped image.
I used the Radiant Sunflower Bundle (#168147) to stamp & die cut the large group of flowers. I then used the single sunflower stamp to add a subtle hint of sunflowers stamped in VersaMark on the greeting strip. I colored the flowers using Blend colors from the Sunflower Field DSP #168351 as a guide.
The next card uses the same bundle and DSP as the first card, but this time the Sunflowers were die cut from Daffodil Delight CS. I flipped the strips to the right side of the card and added an embossed layer using the Softly Woven EF (#168466) to the front of the card and an additional mat behind the greeting. Too much? I can't make up my mind if I like it or it just adds distraction to the card. On this card I did use the sketch idea of the circle, but only used it to highlight the vase & sunflowers.
The last card came about because I was on a roll with the sunflower theme and I had this Sunflower (made with the Pretty Poinsettia Bundle #168147) lying on my desk from a past day of creating. This time I flipped the card onto it's side and added an embossed layer using the Sunflower 3D EF (166145), only this time I made the embossing layer go all the way to the edges of the card front. I think I like it better, but I don't really like the way the "texture" from the embossing shows through the DSP. Oh well, I still like card anyway.
I hope my cards inspire you to try out the sketch!
Only Stampin'Up! products were used on these cards:
Radiant Sunflower bundle #168147
Sunflowers Fields DSP #168351
Pretty Poinsettia dies #168146
Softly Woven Embossing Folder #168466
Sunflower 3D Embossing Folder #166145




No comments:
Post a Comment